Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What I Believe - Summer 2006
I believe that inspiration and self-knowledge can come from the most unlikely sources. I learned to think outside the box, to trust in myself and my abilities, to handle stress and frustration. I learned that even though you ask the questions, there are times when you will not be given the answers and will be held accountable anyway. I learned to believe in myself and my instincts. I learned to fly -- to the stars and back, even if I didn't do it perfectly. I believe in family and unplugging from the grid. I learned the beauty of a mid-summer night in Michigan can illuminate more than just the sky during the frequent lightning storms. I learned that there is much more to life than "plugging in" and "turning on." I also learned that there are times when you just have to jump with the things that are thrown at you -- sometimes in the middle of the night.

I believe in the coming school year and the promise of an incredible school year. I believe in making so many memories that you just want to share then with everyone (rather they really want to hear it or not). I believe in going beyond your comfort zone, maintaining balance, and the odd healing powers of trashy TV.

No comments: