To help get you back into the school groove:
- WHAT DID YOU DO? If you have a moment, send me a schoolnotes email about what you actually did over the holidays and copy a post to the blackboard account -- it will get you ready for the writing that is coming
- THINK ABOUT IT - What Do You Believe? As part of our January unit we will be preparing some entries for a National Public Radio program called This I Believe. Start reflecting on what makes you tick!
- WAKE UP! Start getting up and ready at a slightly earlier time than you normally do. Get that alarm ready and your system back into the swing of things.
- BAG CHECK- Check through your backpack to make sure that you have everything that you need for Monday! Pencils, pens, paper and especially any reports, papers, etc. that you were given a grace period to complete.
- LEAVE THE TOYS AT HOME! While all those new gadgets are cool and all, please leave them home and get used to setting your phone to off during school hours. If you received some generous presents, set up a time off campus to share them.
- BODY BREAKS: Start to each on school schedule and get your body used to taking care of needs according to the school clock.
- REST - Get some extra sleep and due to the weird weather, drink some additional water and take a walk or two to get back into the swing of things.