Wednesday, January 10, 2007

An older sibling or friend, invites you to an "R" reated movie and plans to use a fake ID (to get a ticket). Explain why you would or would not go. Take into consideration the repercussions from the law, your parents, and the theatre employees in your response.

I would wait for the movie to come out on DVD and then ask my parents to pick it up so that they would be able to make the decision. Personally, I would not want to be embarrassed at the ticket counter with someone telling me that I was too young or the possible contact to my parents. Why would I want all that drama?

My parents (when I was a teenager) trusted me to do the right thing and to be responsible so I never did anything to violate that trust. It worked out well for my family. I was usually also just able to set my own bed times (even when I was little) so I never wanted to do anything that would require my parents to be more worried about me and what I was doing. I liked my freedom and wanted to keep it -- going to a movie with somone I knew was going to use a fake ID would not have been something I would have done.

No comments: